• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hr2510

H

Hankdot

I have a couple of questions about my newly purchased radio.I havn't had alot of time to play with it yet , but I have noitice that when I'am on am (reg cb channels) lets say 38 and I switch to lsb or usb my display #'s don't change.I hear a channel change but not on my display.Is this normal? Also I read where 27.475 is the home channel for this forum,where is it on my radio? I get lost with all the channels.haha Any help will be appreciated.

</p>

I have a couple of questions about my newly purchased radio.I havn't had alot of time to play with it yet , but I have noitice that when I'am on am (reg cb channels) lets say 38 and I switch to lsb or usb my display #'s don't change.I hear a channel change but not on my display.Is this normal? Also I read where 27.475 is the home channel for this forum,where is it on my radio? I get lost with all the channels.haha Any help will be appreciated.

</p>

Hello,

Actually, that is the way any radio should be when changing from AM to SSB. It is actually the same Channel, but a different MODE of operation.

(actually SSB is one half of the channel - Upper half or Lower half, and the center Frequencies are actually a few hz off of the center of the channel - XX.xx50 for AM and XX.xx35 for LSB and XX.xx65 for USB - but the adjustment is automatic and normally not displayed that way.)

Because Single Side Band (SSB) is divided to upper and lower halves of the channel area, and the operational scheme is different than Amplitude Modulation (AM) , Basically AM is Carrier driven signal and SSB is Audio driven signal.

(I know I am over simplifying this but you can get someone to explain it better if you ask..)

So back to your original question, Yes, it is normal to change in sound, when changing modes.. you are not moving to a different channel just a diferent way of using that channel.

Roger

</p>

Hello,

Actually, that is the way any radio should be when changing from AM to SSB. It is actually the same Channel, but a different MODE of operation.

(actually SSB is one half of the channel - Upper half or Lower half, and the center Frequencies are actually a few hz off of the center of the channel - XX.xx50 for AM and XX.xx35 for LSB and XX.xx65 for USB - but the adjustment is automatic and normally not displayed that way.)

Because Single Side Band (SSB) is divided to upper and lower halves of the channel area, and the operational scheme is different than Amplitude Modulation (AM) , Basically AM is Carrier driven signal and SSB is Audio driven signal.

(I know I am over simplifying this but you can get someone to explain it better if you ask..)

So back to your original question, Yes, it is normal to change in sound, when changing modes.. you are not moving to a different channel just a diferent way of using that channel.

Roger

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.