• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hr2510

brash

Apr 22, 2012
came upon a 2510 and wondering if i should get it. is it worth it? is it just old school with old tech? better off getting a new radio with new tech or is this old radio better. chipswitch i dont think it has one. i know everyone had one and wish they have never got rid of it but they did. what kind of tx/rx does it have on am ssb 10m. what does it have for power. good primary radio or just a backup

came upon a 2510 and wondering if i should get it. is it worth it? is it just old school with old tech? better off getting a new radio with new tech or is this old radio better. chipswitch i dont think it has one. i know everyone had one and wish they have never got rid of it but they did. what kind of tx/rx does it have on am ssb 10m. what does it have for power. good primary radio or just a backup

It is a great radio. There are plenty of mods you can do to it. Other than the "Chipswitch" I would leave it alone. Be sure you send it to "Doc". He's the only person I know that still does the chip switch.
I usually buy every one of the HR2510's or the HR2600's I get close to. They are ROCK SOLID in ssb mode. Other than doing the alignment I have never used "AM" mode.

Chipswitch is no longer aviavlable fron the Doc. Plus on the 2510 it isn't neeed for AM.

(Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Chipswitch is NO LONGER AVAILABLE !!!
Sorry to all who have not experienced the functionality of this modification to their radio. Maybe sometime in the future the FCC will again allow its manufacture.)

He can change the Final Transister to bump AM output to 15-20W.

I think there is a Tech on this site that can also do magic on this radio.

What price are you looking at?
Others will have more knowledge on this radio than I.

I just bought one that I am sending to the DOC and going to use it in my wifes car to be used on long trips.

If I was going to modify the power output I would hang the RFX-150 on the radio or even modify the cover for the SX-175.

They are old radios. I think they make a great radio for someone that has the skills and knowledge to repair it themselves. It's just a money pit if you have to send it out for a resurrection. Plenty of other, more modern alternatives that won't break the bank.

what kind of tx/rx does it have on am ssb 10m. what does it have for power. good primary radio or just a backup

They were sold as the President Lincoln here in the UK. Here's a video I did several months ago of one I had in for alignment on my Hexbeam. 4155 miles with 21W.

Completely stock and unmodded, no linear amps, no winding the power up.

Interesting to play with but I prefer the proper full VFO of a ham radio transceiver.

I also have a 2510 with ALL the mods and it is my favorite radio. I also have a 148GTL modded to the hill but I like the receive on the HR2510 a little better than the 148 it seems to have a better ANL/NB which makes for me a little more pleasant to monitor. I also have a 959DX modded of coarse and I rate these three radio's as HR2510 1st, 148GTL 2nd, and Galaxy 3rd.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated