• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HRD Logbook QRZ lookup not working

Highlander_821

Amour d'Ecosse
Apr 2, 2005
Central IL
Ham Radio Deluxe version 4.1 (latest build) using the logbook function in the add log entry window, when I try to enter a new callsign and hit the QRZ button, it is not working -- "not found". This used to work as it should, but won't even work with my callsign. Going directly to QRZ or using DXLAB programs works fine.

Any idea why it has stopped working in HRD?

Yes, HRD 4.x doesn't support the changes that QRZ made to their callsign lookup. Try the latest 5.x version of HRD...I believe they have coded for the latest QRZ lookup in that version.

Thanks, Mole. v.5 does work properly with QRZ lookups...

...but v.5 seems to exclude the Mapper program that was part of v.4, and I can't seem to find a download link for it on the HRD website. There is a page mentioning it's existence, just no download link that I can find. That was one of my favorite things about v.4---being able to look at a nice world map with all my contacts plotted on it.

Well, I found Mapper--it is still in the main program directory, just not launchable from within HRD now.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to read the locator information from the new version 5 Log program's database, so I can't plot my contacts on the map! The only workaround I have found is to retain a directory with HRD version4 in it, and maintain a copy of my log in the old (version 4) format for Mapper to read from. But that means I have to import any new contacts into the V4 folder every time I make a new contact.

They seem to want you to give up on Mapper in Version 5 and use the nifty Google Earth plotting provision---which is awesome, but I really like the way Mapper looked and printed with all the little stick pins in it, LOL.

Annoying!!! Plus I've had to spend the last 36 hours trying to figure out all the new stuff with V5. All this because QRZ made a small change in URL format? WTF??!! I would have been quite happy just to stick with V4 and have them fix the QRZ quirk.

Has anyone experienced the time dupe when forwarding a QSO to HRD Log from N1MM?? Time ends up duped when it goes to QRZ from these two programs???

Has anyone experienced the time dupe when forwarding a QSO to HRD Log from N1MM?? Time ends up duped when it goes to QRZ from these two programs???

I don't typically use N1MM, so I don't know. Sorry...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.