• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HT/DUAL BANDER NEW COMPANY

Gentlemen Yaesu the radios are made in Japan some accessories in China same with kenwood. Not sure with ICOM since they don't manufacture majority of their own equipment.

I have a Yaesu VX-170 it's a HT. And if you remove the battery and look at the label on the radio it self and on the box. It says made in China. And I had a Yaesu FT-2800m which also was made in China. So you need to read the labels on your radios to see where they were made.

Vx5- made in Japan
Vx8- made in Japan
Ft8800- made in Japan
Ft8900- made in Japan

Made in China is not a sign of a poorly made product, but there are difference between designed elsewhere and manufactured in China and designed and manufactured in China. Beside it is a global economy and no matter where it's made I guarantee you many of the components are made in China.

Plus there are legal definitions for trade purposes with regards to things such as made in, manufactured in or assembled in.

Might have to get one of these Dual Banders just to try it out.

My Wouxun just came in today, still trying to figure it out. I also got the programming cable and software.

Neat little radio and the English Voice prompts have a chinese accent to them which is kinda neat.

Makes it in to the local repeaters Ok, and reports say it sounds good. Need to get an adapter for a different antenna but thats nobig deal.

So far so good, I'll keep everyone posted.

I took the dive and ordered one with some acc. from HK today.
Looking over the website there are some fairly recent updated programs for it (last month).
See how it goes once it's here.

FYI, I just looked at my Yaesu FT-857D that I bought new about a month or two ago. On the box it says:

FT-857D----Made in Japan

MH-31A8J--- Made in China

MMB-82---Made in Japan

So the radio and mobile mounting bracket were made in Japan but the handheld stock microphone was made in China

Also the YSK-857 separation kit was made in Japan.

Gentlemen Yaesu the radios are made in Japan some accessories in China same with kenwood. Not sure with ICOM since they don't manufacture majority of their own equipment.

I just saw this Yaesu FT-2800 on Ebay. And it shows made China also. Proof that all Yaesu's are not made in Japan. Look at the pictures.

I really love this little Wouxun HT. I can hit repeaters that the others can only want to hit. It sure out does my 2 Yaesu HT's. And my Icom too!

Yaesu FT-2800M FM Transceiver ft2800 ft-2800 2800 - eBay (item 290458198710 end time Aug-02-10 19:02:47 PDT)

dual bander

I am waiting for the chinese company to come out with a dual bander mobile radio,that would look nice sitting on my desk...

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.