• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

huh?

TRC457A.jpg

His isn't even blue......... Mine must be worth THOUSANDS!!!!! :LOL:

If that pile of snot is worth that much my 2950 is worth 3x it

In reality, that radio is one of Radio Shack's finest. Seriously. The 457 & 458 use the 858 PLL chip and board. But it isn't worth what this guy is asking for it - even if it was new/minty in the box. No more than $250 if it was mint.

Some people will just test the limits of other people's foolishness - and their wallet . . .

In reality, that radio is one of Radio Shack's finest. Seriously. The 457 & 458 use the 858 PLL chip and board. But it isn't worth what this guy is asking for it - even if it was new/minty in the box. No more than $250 if it was mint.

Some people will just test the limits of other people's foolishness - and their wallet . . .

Agreed. The 457 and 458 and to a slightly lesser extent the 490 were the best radios R/S ever made I think. Lots of modulation available, decent power output, and tons of extra channels available by simply adding a switch or three. A former neighbor had all three at one time and they were very good talkers. IMO they had better receivers than the 2950DX which I have.

Lawz, the starting bid was $59.00. i bet the seller is all giddy with excitement. I predict something is aloof and he will end up with a non paying bidder.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.