• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hum and static delta force..

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
noticed when squelch turned on theres now a noticable hum on the radio ,also noticed when i just touch the volume or squelch theres a loud staticky noise..any ideas ?

Beetle,tried a different newer powersupply and still the same hum..got some spray around here somwhere will try that next on the conrtrols . are u sapposed to pull the knob off and spray or just spray around them ?

You need to pull the cover and get the cleaner inside the "can". There should be an open spot on the can, put the straw in the hole and spray a little then turn the knob both ways a few times.

Beetle..volume dosent seem to make a difference but whats weird is the hum gets noticably loader when i turn the mic gain on the radio down and softer when i turn the mic gain up..da,ya think it mite be some kinda rf feedback problem ?

Last edited:
That MIGHT be a broken or loose shield connection on one end (or the other end) of the mike cable. I'm not at all familiar with specific CBs, but this would be one of the first things I'd check, given I can't get my hands on the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.