• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hurricane 350 Preamp Problem

Frylock508

Jul 25, 2011
I've had this amp for quite a while now. I got it from a friend and when it was given to me the preamp wasn't working. Everything else works fine. I haven't taken it apart yet but was told that the face can be remotely mounted??? Anyway after removing the two screws underneath the front it doesnt wanna come off and I don't wanna pull it. Is this a common problem with these? I'm aware it could just be a bad switch but that brings me back to not being able to get the face off. Any Ideas? Also, are there any other common problems I should be expecting with this amp? Help!

I have a typhoon 150 which is a smaller version of what you have and after removing the only 2 screws in the face plate it should slide straight out toward the front, you may have to use a small amount of force and you may check to see if the connector behind the face plate has a clip holding it, mine does not but that connection may be what's stuck and holding your's in place.

I checked mine and the selector switch for the preamp is shot, meaning it has lost it's position detent tension so it may work but will not stay in the on position without some tape or something.

Got the faceplate off and opened up. Unfortunitly the switch seems to be functioning correctly. Things appear to be in order. This must be something very obvious or very big.

Couldn't say much more about the amp as I got mine and it was gutted and I home brewed a 1 pill on the heat sink.

Was curious if one of those internal glass fuses by any chance would be for the preamp. I stupidly didn't check to see if both were ok. I assumed because it powers up and works that both of those fuses would be ok. Now I'm not so sure but don't wanna take it apart for nothing but now its really bothering me:mad::mad::mad:
What do you think? Think they'd put a seperate fuse in just for the preamp section of this amp?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated