• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hustler Super Resonator?

2RT307

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
I travel a lot with my job, and have noticed quite a few of these antennas while driving down the road. Not on 18 wheelers, but on 4 wheelers.

Mobile HF

Listed as the Super Resonator. They have a BIG honkin' corona ball on the tip. Anybody know the scoop on these and why they are trending?

RT307

This is the first time I've seen these on any mobiles, and it's been in Texas and Arkansas in the last two months. Just seemed odd to me.... thought maybe they were on to something! Maybe the quality of Wilson has made some of the higher power guys go to the Hustler, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for the input, guys!

RT307

Hustler antennas have been around almost forever. They work. And like any antenna they have some qwerks that affect how well they work. They are not the most 'robust' mobile antennas, and you do want to make sure of their weather sealing. Most require some sort of guying and a really stout mount. That's something all mobile antennas benefit from so it's not that unusual. Just keep it in mind.
Would I say they're the best HF mobile antennas? No, sorry. But they certainly do work.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.