• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hy-gain ten pounder

tbird

Mar 11, 2013
hello, i inherited radio equipment a long while ago & now down to some mobile antenna's one in particular i can't find any info on, it's called a hy-gain "ten pounder", anybody know what band this antenna is used on, thanks for any input.

Attachments

• HYGAIN 1O POUNDER 001.JPG
    HYGAIN 1O POUNDER 001.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 343
  • HYGAIN 1O POUNDER 002.JPG
    HYGAIN 1O POUNDER 002.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 373
  • HYGAIN 1O POUNDER 008.JPG
    HYGAIN 1O POUNDER 008.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

can you post a pic...
ssb is mode of operation not band
so for example it may be 11 meter cb band or 10 meter ham or other band, i am not finding anything on the www, so maybe someone here will recognize it or a pic may help

best of luck and welcome to the forum

The Hy-Gain "Ten Pounder' was a fiberglass/SS whip antenna, kind of like the "half breed" style of antennas.
The bottom half of the antenna was fiberglass much like a Francis with the other half a stainless steel whip that slid up and down inside the fiberglass, i think they were about 80" long when tuned for the CB band.
They were about 5/8" in diameter.
I have not seen one since the early 80`s.

Jeff

thanks audioshock wav, i am selling the antenna on ebay & getting questions from people on what band it's used for.

Want to sell it?

hello, i inherited radio equipment a long while ago & now down to some mobile antenna's one in particular i can't find any info on, it's called a hy-gain "ten pounder", anybody know what band this antenna is used on, thanks for any input.

Have you sold it?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.