• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I’m back!

NALTOHQ

Jun 17, 2022
Hey guys!

I made my first post here ages ago, and never posted a single thing since. Well, I had a run-in with another audio enthusiast at my local Salvation Army and had myself re-evaluate what I’ve been doing with my life up till now. So I threw some batteries in my Grundig for the first time in forever, and got… nothing.

Well, for a brief moment WWV came in strong but then it fizzled out. :(

QUICK EDIT: I did get a signal just now from 6000 kHz, and can confirm it was indeed Radio Habana Cuba. So that’s fun.

But I hope that now that I have renewed interest in the wonderful medium that is shortwave radio, and have been able to log back into my account, that I’ll be able to more regularly post updates on the signals I pick up. :)

I don’t have too much to say at the moment but I hope to really stick around this time. Thank you all so much for giving me such a warm welcome on my first post. I hope that I haven’t upset anyone with my absence or making this thread.

PS: I threw a picture of my little radio in here for anyone curious or interested in seeing it.

-Nick / NALTO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65

Welcome Back! I just happen to be on vacation next week. Not going anywhere, just going to do some stuff around the house that I have been putting off. I should put up the long wire antenna out back that I have been wanting to do for years. I have been using my grandfather's Hammerlund HQ-One Eighty with a little wire around the top of the living room. I also have a Retekess V115 with a wire reel antenna that I plan on fooling around with too.

Reactions: Grunddiigg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated