• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I couldn't resist.....

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
I saw this on craigslist and while I've gotten better at clearing out my old stuff and regulating my CB purchases to newer equipment I couldn't resist this classic.

Land-Command-LCBS-8-CB-Base-Station-AM-LSB-USB.jpg

Nothing special...similar to Cobra 142GTL, TRC-490...this one has the PC-385 board in it.

Just a nice stable older SSB radio. This one has extra channels and unlocked clarifier.

Last edited:
Popped the covers for the alignment & to check out the extra switches. Can't imagine the fun putting together that mod.

Land Command LCBS-8 Extra.jpg

Land Command LCBS-8 Extra 2.jpg

Land Command LCBS-8 Extra 3.jpg

Land Command LCBS-8 Extra 4.jpg

before someone asks...no the frequency counter isn't showing the transmit frequency, the probes are hooked up to the test points inside the radio during alignment.

Last edited:
Looks like a Uniden chassis with some extra loop osc xtals for channels. PC-409 or something like that? OK saw it; it's a PC-385. Same as a Pres Washington, Cobra 142GTL, or a Uniden Grant.
Cool; decent radio.

Ever use the 'grabber' type ends for your freq counter cable? Safer to use/less chances for shorting and easier to keep on location.

How else has it been hacked? Funny when ya get a radio that has all of these xtra channels - and then you find the AM Limiter was also pulled - lol! What were they thinking?

Last edited:
Been using it all weekend with the D104. Good reports on the air, swings about 14 watts SSB.

Tone control on it works quite nice, just like the hi-cut feature on the newer radios :)

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.