• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got a $10. Icom ic 208h and

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
It works.
My pawnshop rifle shooting friend called me n said i got you a radio,not sure if it works.
Said be rite down .gave him a 10 n got home.cleaned it up n dang works fine cept 1 thing.after a couple minutes simplex talking at 55 watts it got hot,fan set on all the time.
Opened it up did some lookinh and seen a shield over a shield at the hot area.
I removed it and last nite rag chewed on high power extended time.it got up to 101 f according to my heat gun. It cooled down quicker too.
Not sure why a shield on a shield but im ok with it out if it keeps cooler
20230115_085453.jpg
20230115_085445.jpg

The finals are well known to not come with thermal grease in these radios.... but the finals are not under the heat shield you speak of. The small one on the left is the CPU and the larger one on that right is the VCO

Reactions: Rwb
The finals are well known to not come with thermal grease in these radios.... but the finals are not under the heat shield you speak of. The small one on the left is the CPU and the larger one on that right is the VCO
that thought entered my mind

waiting on thermal paste grease. i am out but im trying that newest artic brand . not sure whats best everbody has best luck with many brands

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated