• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I have a Question about "Dead Key" and "SWING"

i have a cobra 29 that dead keys at 8 watts and swings to 32. i've had it scoped and i've been on the recieve end of my radio and it sounds great!! I am thinking about adding a 1 pill so i will be bringing the dead key down to 1 or 1.5 watts.

i have a cobra 29 that dead keys at 8 watts and swings to 32. i've had it scoped and i've been on the recieve end of my radio and it sounds great!! I am thinking about adding a 1 pill so i will be bringing the dead key down to 1 or 1.5 watts.

Then it sounds as if your 29 is right on the money as far as carrier to peak ration is concerned but what will the radio do from 1 to 1.5 watts carrier to peak after you have it detuned so to speak?

If it continues to peak at 32 watts then you've gotten away from your 4 to 1 ratio and it should sound awful with or with out the 1 pill section turned on or at least show to be awful on the same scoped you mentioned earlier.

A more realistic way of measuring is to measure carrier to peak average power so at a carrier of 1 watt the radio should peak at 2.5 watts average power which is 1 and 1/2 to 1 of the resting carrier which would insure a modulation level of 100% which would not endanger the final output stage of being over driven and assure a nice sounding signal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.