• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I quit

IDIeselman

Oct 20, 2010
Lake Michigan
I have given up my search for the elusive 27" shaft P10K and have grown tired of my current pictured system. Not to pit one against the other but, Will a 102 whip mounted on the right rear box support structure, Half way up on the inside of the box allow the same performance I am seeing with my current abortion?

Thanks
Tim

antenna-1.jpg

If you mount it on the right rear, it will slightly alter the pattern to the left front because the biggest part of the metal pulls the pattern off a bit.
I ran one this way for years and it worked fine.
All i did is take a heavy duty mirror mount, remove the clamp plate, drilled through the 4 holes into the support for the stake holes and used some beefy sheet metal screws to mount it.
Have you tried calling Kale about a 27" shaft?
You do not need to buy a whole antenna, just replace the shaft you have now with a 27" and re-tune.
I have never bought any of his antennas from a retailer, always direct from him.
His Number is:

1-817-790-6239

Jeff

another option is to make a extension shaft to go on the antenna you have now. I did that for one of my 10k's and it works fine and you cant tell the difference. Just make sure to tap the 3/8x24 hole deep and replace the stock stud with a stainless grade 8 piece.

Thanks fellas, Regretfully my current antenna is a Tram copy of the 10K so adding to it is pretty much a no go. I Have contacted all of Kales retailers and allegedly the 27" shafts are gone and will not be available until Kale makes another run of them, Not much call for the 27" I suppose. If I could achieve the same performance I am seeing now I would rather go with the tried and true 102". It would not be my favorite to snap a shaft in a few months and be without because I couldn't find a replacement.

I think you would have as close to the same performance, or maybe better than now. I would mount that whip as close to the top of the box as possible, but it shouldn't make a huge difference either way. As far as skewing the radiation pattern, you'll never know it, it doesn't make it very directional at all (moving it to one side or the other).
- 'Doc

I REALLY like the ford in the back ground. I have a 78 that I re did with a deck on the back and a plow. 351m, auto 4wd with 33 12.50 tires. I love it.

30311748044ae53a98b4.jpg

3031175732c29c3b424d.jpg

My father tweaked the bumper a bit but she is a working truck, not a showpiece.

I have given up my search for the elusive 27" shaft P10K and have grown tired of my current pictured system. Not to pit one against the other but, Will a 102 whip mounted on the right rear box support structure, Half way up on the inside of the box allow the same performance I am seeing with my current abortion?

Thanks
Tim

antenna-1.jpg
why not just get a tram tri pad and stick that antenna on the roof were it will
perform its best?could also puck mount it on roof.id install it differently.

Thanks fellas, Regretfully my current antenna is a Tram copy of the 10K so adding to it is pretty much a no go. I Have contacted all of Kales retailers and allegedly the 27" shafts are gone and will not be available until Kale makes another run of them, Not much call for the 27" I suppose. If I could achieve the same performance I am seeing now I would rather go with the tried and true 102". It would not be my favorite to snap a shaft in a few months and be without because I couldn't find a replacement.

Yep...With that Tram there's nothing that can be done with it, since the shaft, and coil, and everything else appears to be glued together...They don't come apart!

True, the 27" shafts are not in that big a demand anymore, so they could be hard to find...Give Kale a call at the number AudioShockwav gave and just order from Kale...If nothing else, he can probably give you the number of someone that has the 27" shaft 10K's in stock!

The 102" Whip is a good alternative if you can live with the added hight, and the way they sway-back... If I could get-away with running a aluminum rod on top of my Suburban...Thats what I would run! Something like a 9' Fighting Stick.(y)

But they have them for sale:( sorry, that's where I buy all my predator stuff and I have the 27'' mounted to the far right rear of my 70cst which is a tad directional but it's not too bad.

I also bought another shaft after the son broke the original.

But they have them for sale:( sorry, that's where I buy all my predator stuff and I have the 27'' mounted to the far right rear of my 70cst which is a tad directional but it's not too bad.

I also bought another shaft after the son broke the original.

Well, If you are running one maybe I shouldn't be so quick to quit, My quest continues.............. For a few more days anyhow.

Problem with Clays now is they have gone from having a regular CB Shop, to more of a Motorcycle Accessory shop...They closed their store West of Fort Worth back around the first of the year and moved to Weatherford and only carry a few radios still in the new store. They do still have the Web Store, but if you order off the site, they have to order whatever you want from one of their wholesale dealers...They no longer carry much stock at their store. So now it may take longer to get a order from them.

Kale has a local dealer that more than likely has what your looking for. The guys name is John, but I'm not sure which web site is his...Kale would know.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.