• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I think I found the replacement for my A99, Sigma Venom 5/8 Wave

Well at least it showed up, that was a concern at one point wasn’t it? That figures with FedEx, even USPS. I had a great postman, a female. She changed routes, got another one and she’s awful. Just pulls in the drive and blows the horn, you can’t hear that in my shop behind the house. I retrieve a lot of packages from the post office now.

A foot of snow? Where you at? Are you gonna be able to put it up anytime soon and try it out?

So far I have to say all good. Very light weight and decent quality. Packed nicely and all poles fit into each other. I am happy so far and will keep you all posted .

Attachments

• 20181213_180020.jpg
    20181213_180020.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 163
It looks just like an antenna that I used to see on homes back in the early 70's. It is a lame half-wave design, no different electrically than the old Radio Shack half-wave ground plane with the little loops on the top (remember those?) and no better performance than your A99. The half-wave does not directly match to 50-ohm coax so there is a transformer in the base for impedance matching. Don't try to use a big amp with it. I giggle to see that design being marketed again. Too funny!

No Transformer in the Basin this antenna much longer than an a 99 and The Sun Won't rot it out like those crap fiberglass antennas. I had a half Wave radio shack ground plane antenna back in the seventies it was a great antenna I hope this works as well

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.