• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I wish i had his antennas

This guy is on missouri 174 east of I 44 first exit east of mt vernon mo.opps mt vernon has 2 exits so about 7 miles east of mt vernon

Reactions: Cmessina
No wonder why it looked familiar - had a common return route on I-44 to head back to a terminal or two - even re-routes to Memphis...

Sigh - good old days...

Reactions: Rwb
No wonder why it looked familiar - had a common return route on I-44 to head back to a terminal or two - even re-routes to Memphis...

Sigh - good old days...
i used to haul gas up that road in the 70s n seems like every 3 months another antenna would appear

I remember my Dispatcher rushing me out to the trailer for pick-up in the yard for a "hot load" with storm clouds brewing in the west of Memphis at the trerminal...

"hurry up"

"Why- I gotta do my pre-trip you know"

"They need it"

"Well they ain't gonna' get it if I'm at a Scalehouse held-up because of your insistence..."

"Can you do it?"

"Yes"

"I can take it back and give it to someone else"

"If you do then they will have a pre-trip also - I'm already 5-minutes ahead of you on this one - you want to stay on or should I let you go? There's rain commin...I can hear thunder - if you drag this out I will have to wait this one out in the yard"

Thats' pretty much the juxt of the mess I had that day...

That was May 22nd 2011 - about 4PM in Memphis...

Mt Vernon got spared some of it's wrath, but Joplin got the brunt of it...

I know, It may sound terrible, and it is a horrible event, but it taught me about Memphis and that area and why I miss it so much - there's a brotherhood or kindness or a love of a neighbor whom cares for you (you figure out how it comes together I just KNOW it's there). You may leave it, but it never leaves you.

I was at the Pilot just 1 -1/2 months earlier in Joplin getting hit on by a guy on the radio that wanted me to switch to their carrier. And there was still snow on the ground there.

I remember my Dispatcher rushing me out to the trailer for pick-up in the yard for a "hot load" with storm clouds brewing in the west of Memphis at the trerminal...

"hurry up"

"Why- I gotta do my pre-trip you know"

"They need it"

"Well they ain't gonna' get it if I'm at a Scalehouse held-up because of your insistence..."

"Can you do it?"

"Yes"

"I can take it back and give it to someone else"

"If you do then they will have a pre-trip also - I'm already 5-minutes ahead of you on this one - you want to stay on or should I let you go? There's rain commin...I can hear thunder - if you drag this out I will have to wait this one out in the yard"

Thats' pretty much the juxt of the mess I had that day...

That was May 22nd 2011 - about 4PM in Memphis...

Mt Vernon got spared some of it's wrath, but Joplin got the brunt of it...

I know, It may sound terrible, and it is a horrible event, but it taught me about Memphis and that area and why I miss it so much - there's a brotherhood or kindness or a love of a neighbor whom cares for you (you figure out how it comes together I just KNOW it's there). You may leave it, but it never leaves you.

I was at the Pilot just 1 -1/2 months earlier in Joplin getting hit on by a guy on the radio that wanted me to switch to their carrier. And there was still snow on the ground there.
i was home when joplin was hit.daughter n i was out in yard.we are 30 miles northeast of joplin.sky looked very odd.a huge cloud came our way n it dropped a huge amount of pink and yellow fiberglass insulation in our yard.3 full size pickup beds full.many medical records.and 1 womand edward jones statements.id liked to been her best friend... $3 million invested with edward jones.
Wifes great aunt was crushed by a huge tree in her yard.3 days before she was found.1 friend n his 2 babys were crushed in academy,wall fell on them

This is the place in Holden, La he has 17 antennas which I marked in red due to poor image quality sorry it was raining. He also has a white coax which I marked in white.

Never heard the guy on am or ssb but do pick up a ton of interference when I drive by.Capture+_2018-09-29-09-47-05.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.