• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I would appreciate some of those "thoughts and prayers"

Procedure start... 1:31 CST

Moved to recovery 4:17 CST

Haven't seen her yet.. but has a good 20 min talk with the surgeon. He said it was textbook.... exactly as he predicted... with no surprises.

Just waiting for them to come take me back...
Praise God,so glad to hear that the Surgery went well for your Wife,will continue to Pray for a smooth and quick recovery!!

smileys-thumbs-up-1.gif

Probably the final update on this situation......

We came home last night and all in all... it wasn't too bad.

Then... what we learned to day was... everything that they shot her up with for the surgery...... wore off today. All that she has on her side now is the pain pill regimen... and it is not as effective. She is indeed hurting a lot worse today...and having trouble "seeing the other side".... when the healing is all done. All she knows... what she has now..hurts worse than anything she ever had before. I am having trouble getting her "buy in" to the idea of ..... "yeah, but this will go away and when it does...and it is all healed... you will be back at 100% (per our surgeon's predictions!). She is having a hard time focusing on that.

Anyway, I am sticking to the pain protocol put in place by the Dr...and hoping that... in a day or two... she starts seeing some relief.

Thank you all again for very kind comments made and sentiments conveyed.

I appreciate them more than you know.

Bob

Bob definitely stick to the pain protocol. Once the pain gets away from you I.e. not taking your pills, it hard to get the pain back under control. As a rule of thumb the day after surgery and the next day are the hardest. After that things will begin to improve more quickly than you think.

Brad

Thanks. I take a lot of encouragement from this.

today is her second day after surgery... and she is still saying that with THIS pain... she wishes she had not had the procedure.
i really hope that she turns that corner soon.

Bob definitely stick to the pain protocol. Once the pain gets away from you I.e. not taking your pills, it hard to get the pain back under control. As a rule of thumb the day after surgery and the next day are the hardest. After that things will begin to improve more quickly than you think.

Brad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated