• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ic 229H

michaelt501

Nov 8, 2010
How do I set the high power(50 watts) out put on this radio?I looked at the manual on the internet and found out how to set the 3 low power setting but didn't see anything for the 50 watts.

The high power is set by default to 50 watts. You cannot change that. When you press the Hi/Lo button you select 50 watts in Hi power mode and one of the low power levels in Lo mode.

Thank you so much.I was beating my brains out trying to figure it out.Now I need to know where the dup should be set.I'm not the brightest star in the sky but i'm still a star out there.LOL

Thank you so much.I was beating my brains out trying to figure it out.Now I need to know where the dup should be set.I'm not the brightest star in the sky but i'm still a star out there.LOL

The standard is to use - when the repeater outputs are in the 146 range and use + when they are in the 147 range. There are a few exceptions but 99% of the time this holds true. Standard offset is 600KHz.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.