• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ic-7000 power level

After you press the F1 button, you'll see the menu item for the RF power. Press that button then rotate the dial.

Here:
Download Details

That is the link to the download of the manual for the rig. It used to be the practice when a Ham got a new rig or a new to him rig, the first you did was READ THE MANUAL several times while going over the rig to (gasp) familiarize yourself with your new toy. Of course I might be engaging in time compression and of course it was before the Internet and smart phones existed.

Any Ham who had a rig for over a month was kidded by his buddies for not knowing the readily available instructions if he had to ask how to do something from another. Now if it was a mod or comparing adjustment that is and was different, but you simply had to know how the rig operated by that time.

I know several folks who work at the technical service departments of the big 3 manufacturers who tell me the VAST MAJORITY of their tech calls is for how do I do this when the manual is very detailed on how to do it. The user simply has not read or even bothered to look up in the manual for a solution before calling.

If you bought the rig used and didn't get a manual you can still for the most part download the manual and in electronic form it is far easier to search it for precisely what you need to know.

Just curious how many readers here have actually sat down with the manual and gone through it with the radio before jumping on the air with it?

Ham radio is not appliance operator 101, you need to be able to use the equipment you have and understand it. If it is a mod you need and don't have it asking others is a good way to go but when you don't even know the basic operations of the rig you are trying to use, perhaps you should either take the time to learn it, watch the videos about it from others or pick something else that is less complicated for use.

Sorry if that ruffles a few feathers but this IS a technical Hobby and your were told at the start there would by MATH involved.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.