• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-7000 - update coming?

seneca

Sep 10, 2011
There is a lot of love for this mobile radio, and it has features I like, so I'm thinking about buying one.

My worry is - it has been out quite a number of years now, and has a few flaws that would likely be fixed in an upgraded version. So, anybody know of an upcoming replacement?

Haven't heard of a thing. I would be surprised if we saw a replacement any time soon, but you never know!

Using the 706 MKIIG as an example, it has gone through many updates through its lifespan without any "advertised updates", I suspect the 7000 has and will do the same.

Using the 706 MKIIG as an example, it has gone through many updates through its lifespan without any "advertised updates", I suspect the 7000 has and will do the same.

Would that equate to going to the doctor for a physical? make an appointment to have a prostate exam for the 7000 ?

I wonder if updates have been done to the radio but without a lot of publicity or formal announcement. When it first came out, some had an overheating problem. However, those complaints seem to have disappeared. The early models also were said to have a problem with the audio requiring a modification to the mic. Again, that complaint is not heard anymore. Personally, I have never had an overheating or audio problem with mine, but the model had been on the market a couple of years before it was purchased.

Would that equate to going to the doctor for a physical? make an appointment to have a prostate exam for the 7000 ?

That avatar is
MdL3j.gif

how about a software update??? is that possible?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.