• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-706 MKIIG price question

alvinjohn

Dec 29, 2008
Hi everybody and Good Day!

After looking around the whole country of the Philippines for a store that would have an IC-706 and not finding one, I now plan on buying it abroad.

Only problem is that I dont have the slightest idea as to how much it cost.

So could someone say how much it cost in the U. S. of A.?

(just to get my finances ready)

alvin john

I remember several years ago, on sale and after mfg. rebates, the MKIIG would have cost me $650 plus local tax, from a large retailer. It's hard to find them used for that price...

Icom's IC-706MkII was a ball knocked out of the ball park. A winner: small, portable, reliable, many band assignments, modifiable, relatively easy to use, and relatively trouble-free, and the price was easy on the pocketbook. They sold a lot of them and outpaced their competition. They ask for more money for them now, as its popularity increased as well as upgrading minor weaker points that one must now pay extra for. The IC-706 went to the IC-706MkII = more money! They still sell them, and popularity helps keep the price up there. If I had a few hundred extra bucks before I bought my IC-718; I would have surely bought the 706MkII instead. It's a no-brainier. The ONLY weak point on this radio that I am aware of, is the improvement made by getting/using a Heil mic instead of the stock one. One cannot consider that a real weakness, and more of a an elective. From what I have gathered from reading a LOT of different reviews from different sources, Icom's in general tend to use cheaper elements in the mics themselves. Same is true for Yaesu; I don't know about the others.
One pays extra for the popualrity and acceptance of good gear - bottom line...

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few pop up in the ebay listings ads....not trying to blatently plug the ads, but there are some good deals on this radio on ebay.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.