• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-7100 more power mod

heres an amp mod: ameritron likes to use this thread size coax to go between the input to the band selector. replace that with bigger coax and you can then drive the heck out of it!! it seemed like my al15 wouldonly tke 60 watts of drive until we changed that coax.

Typical CBer mentality. If you REALLY understood dB and gains you would realize the only person that will see the difference is YOU when you look at the meter. NOBODY on the air will see any difference in signal but some may HEAR the difference in poorer IMD performance. BTW you said your limit is 2.5 Kw. I think you mean 1.5. Luckily MY limit is 2250 watts pep. :D

LOL its 2.5 for me,,:D For all you guys that are flaming down the mod post,,, Are you speaking in theory, or have you actually tried it and put it on an anal liser or silly scope? because i have owned, and do own a few like this.

My post was directed at the false claim of being able to run 2kW legally. I don't really pay attention to more power mods and didn't watch the video.

Yup. I hadn't finished my morning coffee yet. LOL YES 1 Kw DC input......2 Kw pep input. You will see lots of older gear speced like that. I will correct my caffeine lacking error above.

I have saw older amps like the SB 220 rated for 2kw input. To my knowledge that was never a law and 1 kw DC input was changed to 1500 pep in 1983. The AM mode was grandfathered and allowed to run 1kw dc input until 1990 or 1991. I don't think he's that old school. His bio says he got his tech license in 1991. To be fair I was only 6 years old at that time.

That’s a broad brush you’re painting with, Captain.
A LOT of radio enthusiasts who are knowledgeable and take pride in their hobby aren’t hams.

Yes but look at the BS mods that are done. They are NOT done by knowledgeable people and 99.9% of them are indeed CBers that are now on the ham bands. BTW I thought you requested to have your account here deleted. I see you are still using it.

Yes but look at the BS mods that are done. They are NOT done by knowledgeable people and 99.9% of them are indeed CBers that are now on the ham bands. BTW I thought you requested to have your account here deleted. I see you are still using it.

Jeff (AudioShockwav) kindly suggested I simply take a break rather than quitting. He and Gary (BJ radionut) lead by example and set a fine tone for the site. We are lucky to have them.

Jeff (AudioShockwav) kindly suggested I simply take a break rather than quitting. He and Gary (BJ radionut) lead by example and set a fine tone for the site. We are lucky to have them.

Actually the request to delete your account was forwarded on to me and in keeping with normal practice it was I that decided not to delete it. Got the PM from BJ and I told him I would leave it in case you changed your mind.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated