• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC 718 AGC mod

airplane1

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Lebanon county PA
I bought myself a IC 718 and it is a nice piece of equipment for the price. It is original and un modded which is great but I did notice the AGC is a bit fast on SSB. My question is does anyone have an IC 718 and did the AGC mod where a jumper wire gets soldered between two resistors in the radio to slow it down to medium speed and if so did it make a difference?

This is the mod I am talking about, scroll down the page to see it.

KB2LJJ Radio Mods Database and Manuals

Thanks,
AP

I did that mod for a friends radio and it did slow the AGC down and stopped the AGC 'pumping' that was happening on some signals. Nothing negative noted, but I did not operate the radio much after the fix.
Mike

snip...

My question is does anyone have an IC 718 and did the AGC mod where a jumper wire gets soldered between two resistors in the radio to slow it down to medium speed and if so did it make a difference?

snip...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.