• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICF-SW7600GR Repairs

Sep 14, 2012
I have the Sony SW7600 shortwave receiver and an external antenna that I would like to connect. However, when I connect the antenna to the jack, the radio cuts out and very little sound is played. I can have a station on the internal and telescoping antenna, and when I plug in the external antenna, I lose the station. I have double checked the external antenna connector, and the wiring is good. The antenna is a random length dipole. Even local stations drop out. I opened the case, and tried to test the antenna jack. I am using a stereo male jack. When I connect the external antenna and use a continuity tester, the ground and second contacts have continuity to the circuit board, but the tip does not. Should the tip have continuity, and to what? I have the online repair manual, with circuit diagram and board diagram, but I am a novice at electronics. Thanks for the help in advance.

Matthew
KC2KEI

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.