• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom 7000 Remote Cable extension.

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I have not laid eyes on one, but...

A friend of mine lives in a 2nd story apartment (house in country) and operates his station without grounding. He does ok "floating", but does have problems with RFI. He uses a fan dipole which is resonate where he operates and does not need a tuner.

I mentioned that it should be possible to place the RF deck downstairs, ground it properly and run a lengthened remote cable to the control head upstairs. His landlord lives downstairs and is cool with the plan.

Does anyone know if there is a source of a pre-made (icom) cable with a minimun length of 25' or longer? Or would it be easy to splice the available remote cable and make it longer without any ill effects?

Don't want to use an artificial ground either.

Like I mentioned, I have never seen the cable, but am thinking it could be done.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.