• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom 706MKIIG

Mar 17, 2006
flipping thru all the bands and modes listening and once i get to the 25.0000 range up to the 28.000 range it has alot of static in the AM mode

every where else its alot quiter
Is there a Filter that needs to be installed ?
or what can be done?

this is a nice little rig and i enjoy listening to everything

Is it there 24/7 or mainly just during the day? Is it worse some days than others? Are you sure it's not just the normal noise from a few million CBer/freebanders running in that part of the spectrum? I know anywhere in the 26.000-28.000 MHz block the noise level is MUCH higher than anywhere else because of that. Also if you are using an antenna tuned to that range like a typical CB antenna then you will have greater sensitivity there.

Reactions: 2 people
Is it there 24/7 or mainly just during the day? Is it worse some days than others? Are you sure it's not just the normal noise from a few million CBer/freebanders running in that part of the spectrum? I know anywhere in the 26.000-28.000 MHz block the noise level is MUCH higher than anywhere else because of that. Also if you are using an antenna tuned to that range like a typical CB antenna then you will have greater sensitivity there.

That could be the possibilty

flipping thru all the bands and modes listening and once i get to the 25.0000 range up to the 28.000 range it has alot of static in the AM mode

every where else its alot quiter
Is there a Filter that needs to be installed ?
or what can be done?

this is a nice little rig and i enjoy listening to everything

Collossal 5kw

Of course it's going to be noisier in that freq range on AM. It's a 10-11m vertical. It's not going to be resonant anywhere else so it receives better in that freq range. AND it's a vertical antenna so expect more noise than a dipole. Noise is mostly vertically polarized.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.