• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom-7100 RF tap Pan-adapter complete

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
I don't post over here much any more but would like to share this with every one..

Ones you go SDR waterfall you never go back.

It worked so well in my Kenwood TS-2000 I had to do it to my Icom IC-7100 so I Installed an RF Tap buffer and it works well from HF TO UHF
This is tapping in to the RF chain not the IF and you use software like omni-rig to sync every thing up together.

I tapped in to the PTT line and Because the PTT line is only 6v and is pulled to ground to transmit I can't have a load on it or it will key the Radio I put a Transistor on the PTT line is in an emitter follower config with a 5.1K resistor on the base.

because the voltage coming out of the Transistor is to low I need to get that up so the 5v is then turning on an optocoupler that will pass the 12+ volts that I have current limited with a 500ohm resister to 9+V for the RF Buffer.

https://kd2c.com/hi-z-tap-boards

hNSHsa5.jpg

aOhULPv.jpg

CcPcutW.jpg

zCZZoyt.jpg

dX4SxUL.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.