• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom 730 crystals

longhaireddwb

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I just got a Icom 730 as my first HF rig. Its had the mods done to open it up so it does the 10 meter and other bands. I found on line where you can replace two crystals and it will open it up for 11 meter also.

Would anyone know where I can find these crystals?

Thanks for the web site. I might give them a call. I'm still not sure about doing the crystal swap on this radio because of its age but its good info to have. So now I have it.
I run a Cobra2000 as a base for the 11 meter right now. And now with the Icom sitting on top to cover most of the other bands I'm feeling pretty good about it. Also the H.T. 2 meter radio that also does Murs. Well, I think I got my bases covered. (y)

Now to find an antenna or three to put up for the HF rig. I'd like just one antenna that does all frequency's but I don't know if they make them that way.

what crystal do i use for icom 730 to make it 11 meters
Yes. The crystal age is over!! It makes more sense ( if you just GOTTA have CB in your ham rig) to get a newer rig that is easy to mod. Just about everything in a newer rig is very worthwhile to have and worth the money.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.