• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom 7600

K9GAS

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 21, 2011
Well, sold my Icom 756pro III and the Kenwood TS590S and purchased
the 7600. On this evening with it and this may be premature, but WOW.
What a difference. Makes me think my 756P3 may have had some issues???
The receive on this thing is really nice. Still playing.
I didn't give this much for my first real car! :cry:
But it's fun! :w00t: (y)

Thats what i have heard

about them.I just about got one,it was a tough dicision.I went with the ft450d and very happy.Just about pulled the trigger on the ts590 but had to buy the filters extra.

You'll like that 590 very nice rig.
I just liked the band scope on the 756p3 so much. The 590 has a better receive ability to clean up and bring in weaker stations.
This 7600 does even better. It's ability of cleaning up the noise to make signals that don't even move the needle, as it were, and I copy perfectly. I've never messed with the 450, though I know a few that really like them. You'll enjoy the 590 as well. One thing I really liked about it, is its ability to kill the tone of someone tuning up on freq or just causing interference by using the BC on the radio, it has a button, and it takes it out quicker and better than most auto notch filters I've used.

7600 is indeed a great radio
one small dis like....it has no monitor out put

That wasn't a problem for me. I'm using my computer usually while rag chewing. I was thinking of it, but on the Icom side, I wasn't about to spend double the price or triple to move up to the 7700 or 7800 to get it. The scope on the 7600 is such a nice improvement over the 756 I'm just enjoying those features, though that's not why I made the jump to the 7600. I wished it had the ac/dc feature.

Oh it is an Excellent radio..No Doubt..
That was the Only small thing i could find with it..

I was using my friends who got it a few months ago.
Indeed an amazing radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.