• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom AH-8000 or Diamond D3000N?

norcom

Apr 18, 2011
Can someone recommend on which antenna I should get for my Icom IC-R1500 receiver? I'm looking at the Icom AH-8000 and the Diamond D3000N. They're about $80-100 apart when all said and done. I may use the antenna later down the road with my IC-E92D but I'm mostly interested for using it with the receiver for now.

Thanks!

They're basically the same antenna design, although the Diamond has a wider frequency range, which is better. Any discone type antenna will work just fine, so save yourself some $$$ and find the one that covers the frequency range you're interested in and go with it.

Well the Icom states it goes up to 3300mhz but the Diamond goes down to 25mhz. I decided to go with the Diamond D3000N. To me, the lower frequencies were more important to have.

thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1