• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC 2300 MARS CAP?

Sweetcracker

May 26, 2012
Kelowna BC Canada
Has anyone figured out how to extend the TX on this radio, ICOM got smart and made it harder then just breaking off a diode... oh well I know that you guys are way smarter then I am and hopefully we can figure it out.

Take Care

Last edited:

IC-2300 mars mod

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS MOD. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

Fuzzy

Attachments

• ic-2300mod.pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 7,067
????

Has anyone done this Mod yet? Interested if it works, have done the 2200H and worked, want to upgrade to 2300h but need to know how to do mod first, Thanks

Reactions: Jordan1186
icom ic-2300

Just bought a ic-2300
removed the front panel (remove channel knob for access to allen screw,remove the other allen screw.head will come from the body)
removed diode D13. no reset to do. just start transmitting.

Has anyone done this Mod yet? Interested if it works, have done the 2200H and worked, want to upgrade to 2300h but need to know how to do mod first, Thanks

I had the 2200H...how is the 2300 an upgrade. I see it's much more expensive, but I never read anything about much improvements over the 2200.

I had the 2200H...how is the 2300 an upgrade. I see it's much more expensive, but I never read anything about much improvements over the 2200.
Not really an upgrade but finding a 2200h is getting harder and harder, but would need how to open up TX range before i would buy one

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.