• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-5100a Price released

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The street price on the new Icom IC-5100a dual band D-STAR rig has been released: $750. This new radio has several interesting innovations: SD Card for data and qso recordings, integrated GPS, integrated TNC, diversity receive using two antennas, and even the ability to send data and photos using an Android app!

The radio should be shipping any day now. I think I'm going to acquire one for a review.

Reactions: 1 person

Icom 5100 Price

HRO offered to take pre-orders on the 5100 in March '14 and you had to pay $35 to pre-order at a price of $749. I did pre-order and they called me yesterday to say they should be in soon. I said "Great"...then I was told 'the coupon' will be expiring at the end of the month (that's today) so I needed to pre-pay in full for the radio that hasn't even shipped yet or the price would go 'back up' to $849.:mad:

I told them I thought that was bogus and they said they'd call me right back which they did not do yet. I put a call in to Icom and spoke to Daniel in Customer Support who checked and said there is no Icom coupon (expiring today or otherwise) on that rig. He also checked the MSRP and said it is $899.

A quick check with Gigaparts yielded a price of $789 and some kind of promo for 1/2 off the $99 bluetooth board. Gigaparts says they are raising their price too to $849 soon.

Not happy with the tactics, think I will cancel my order. {Cry_river}

Icom ID-5100 Pricing Round 3

Update- received another call from HRO today asking if I'd 'like' to convert my pre-order to a paid order. I asked if this was under threat of them increasing the price at which I 'pre-ordered' it from $749 to $849?
After conferring with someone I was told that the price would stay at $749 for my order and I thanked him and asked that they call me when mine comes in and that I would pay for it (less my $35 pre-order deposit) when it comes in.

Good enough outcome I think. Now to go watch the videos again at Amateurlogictv to make sure I can justify parting with ~$700 next week.

HRO offered to take pre-orders on the 5100 in March '14 and you had to pay $35 to pre-order at a price of $749. I did pre-order and they called me yesterday to say they should be in soon. I said "Great"...then I was told 'the coupon' will be expiring at the end of the month (that's today) so I needed to pre-pay in full for the radio that hasn't even shipped yet or the price would go 'back up' to $849.:mad:

I told them I thought that was bogus and they said they'd call me right back which they did not do yet. I put a call in to Icom and spoke to Daniel in Customer Support who checked and said there is no Icom coupon (expiring today or otherwise) on that rig. He also checked the MSRP and said it is $899.

A quick check with Gigaparts yielded a price of $789 and some kind of promo for 1/2 off the $99 bluetooth board. Gigaparts says they are raising their price too to $849 soon.

Not happy with the tactics, think I will cancel my order. {Cry_river}

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?