• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-7000 HiFi

It appears that adapter is made for an electret microphone, so I don't think it would do well with a dynamic microphone without modification.
- 'Doc

It appears that adapter is made for an electret microphone, so I don't think it would do well with a dynamic microphone without modification.
- 'Doc

Where can i buy the right adapter ? Just picked up a mic boom too. Kinda bummed out I have no way of hooking it up to my icom :(

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

Get a DIN plug and run your audio into the radio through the ACC plug on the back. ;)

Use these settings as a starting point and you'll have some great audio...

All Things iCOM | Heil Sound

I did that on the Pro II and compared the two mic audio inputs (not bypassing the mic pre-amp) by looking at an audio snapshot on a spectrum analyzer. No difference in badwidth, freq response or audio quality compared to going in through mic jack. It was kinda cool and looked neater not having a mic plugged into the front of the radio though.

Last edited:
When I get home ill take a look at all the links posted.
I picked up a few rat shack mics with the 3.5 jack..... also ordered the ic-7000 plug he offers on ebay. Don't see why it will not work.
I have a few vocal processors I'd like to try they all use the large 3.5 guitar type plug.

I did that on the Pro II and compared the two mic audio inputs (not bypassing the mic pre-amp) by looking at an audio snapshot on a spectrum analyzer. No difference in badwidth, freq response or audio quality compared to going in through mic jack. It was kinda cool and looked neater not having a mic plugged into the front of the radio though.

Really? I didn't observe the audio on a SA, but all on the air reports stated that my audio sounded a lot better running through the ACC plug versus the mic jack. I haven't tried it on my 756 Pro II. I have the audio for it running through a rigblaster pro.

Morse - When you view the link to Heil's web site be sure to read how to decouple the DC from the audio line. Otherwise you may destroy the mic element. :eek:

Really? I didn't observe the audio on a SA, but all on the air reports stated that my audio sounded a lot better running through the ACC plug versus the mic jack. I haven't tried it on my 756 Pro II. I have the audio for it running through a rigblaster pro.

Morse - When you view the link to Heil's web site be sure to read how to decouple the DC from the audio line. Otherwise you may destroy the mic element. :eek:

Can I be linked to it please.
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/tips/i/706-iCM.gif

It talks about it in this link:

All Things iCOM | Heil Sound

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the heading: 'DC De-coupling on Icom Rigs'

So I need to take apart any dynamic mic I use and run a one micro farad non polarized cap on the +&- on the mic element. ?
Again work with me here on this.....

When I was running my audio input through the mic jack I installed the cap inside the mic plug. I soldered one lead to the pin and the other lead to the audio wire. Prior to soldering I slid a piece of shrink tube onto the wire (large enough to go over the cap), then slid it down over the cap/pin and heated it so it would protect it from shorting out against the plug housing. You only need the cap on the audio wire, and it must be a non-polarized. If you can't find one you can make one by soldering the + legs of two .5 uF polarized caps together, but it will require more space. Once I switched over to a Heil mic I didn't have to worry about it because the models I use already have the cap installed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated