• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-7100

KJ4VOV

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 5, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
It's not approved for sale yet but I'm really liking what I've seen of it so far:

3071lrg.jpg

3071spec.jpg

The Icom IC-7100 is an affordable all-mode HF/VHF/UHF mobile transceiver with a very high Cool Factor. DSP at the IF level is the cornerstone of this impressive new multi-bander. RF power is HF 100 watts, 50 MHz 100 watts, 144 MHz 50 watts and 430 MHz 35 watts. Extended receive provides coverage from 30 kHz to 199.999 MHz and 400-470 MHz. Enjoy ± 0.5ppm frequency stability and 505 memory channels. And D-Star is built in! The remote head, with built-in speaker, offers full control of the radio. And the head rear panel features jacks for key, speaker and microphone. This radio requires 13.8 VDC at 22 amps. The rear panel has an antenna input for HF/6M and one for VHF/UHF bands.

(all of the above shamelessly borrowed from the Universal Radio website)

Reactions: 1 person

Well, given that they're touting it as "affordable" my initial thought was it would be under a grand. But then you have to remember it has DSTAR built in, so double that price. I guesstimate around $1,800.00 or so.

Icom charged a friend of mine $83 for a replacement mic cable for his SM-20.

I'm done with them, except if I buy one used for a greatly reduced price, but even then I would have to consider the insanely high cost for their parts.

And to change from a gorgeous color display to monochromatic...? :glare:

Icom charged a friend of mine $83 for a replacement mic cable for his SM-20.

I'm done with them, except if I buy one used for a greatly reduced price, but even then I would have to consider the insanely high cost for their parts.

And to change from a gorgeous color display to monochromatic...? :glare:

Who did the labor? Your friend or Icom? Because, if Icom did the labor then I think that's a reasonable price for them to charge.

I keep checking to see if there has been a release date, including with local Icom dealer...Nobody can give an answer. I also guesstimated cost in the 1500 to 1800 range... we'll see! Just wish they'd get the OK and start selling them in the US.

I keep checking to see if there has been a release date, including with local Icom dealer...Nobody can give an answer. I also guesstimated cost in the 1500 to 1800 range... we'll see! Just wish they'd get the OK and start selling them in the US.
I bet the price is $1100.00 USD.
I also wish they would CHOP CHOP with the release date.

I bet the price is $1100.00 USD.
With D-STAR? Dream on! :LOL:

It's like buying parts for a boat. Once that word "marine" is on it the price triples. Once it supports D-STAR Icom is going to take all the extra money they can from your wallet, and run laughing and giggling to the bank, thanks to their de facto D-STAR monopoly here in the US.

With D-STAR? Dream on! :LOL:

It's like buying parts for a boat. Once that word "marine" is on it the price triples. Once it supports D-STAR Icom is going to take all the extra money they can from your wallet, and run laughing and giggling to the bank, thanks to their de facto D-STAR monopoly here in the US.

D-star really ? Yuck!!!! Nvm not even interested

The D-Star capability is one reason why I'm interested in it. I currently have a 706MKIIG mounted in my truck, and several Yaesus, but nothing with D-Star, and my DEC is really pushing for me to add D-Star to the truck, so I'm considering replacing the 706 with this and mounting the 706 in a portable box for field work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.