• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC 7600 or 7410 any inputs comments?

Jay Mojave

Nov 17, 2015
Hello All: Looking to buy a new radio such as a Icom 7600 or 7410. Any comments?

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert.

If money is no object, I wouldn't hesitate and go with the IC-7600.

This is the radio I would like to upgrade to one day soon. I love the color LCD screen of my IC-7000 and the 7600 radio reminds me of a larger but better version of it with far more display options.

The new firmware update which may already be installed on the new radio's now purchased has an upgraded version of the band-scope which has a waterfall display which is the current trend and is superior to just looking at radio waves on a scope.

Also if you're looking into dabbling into digital modes, the 7600 is ready to go without a computer interface, just a keyboard is necessary.

The 7410 only comes with a single 15 KHz IF filter which isn't very useful for nearby QRM, but you can purchase and install a 6 and 3 KHz IF filter. The 7600 comes with all 3 filters installed.

I know people can go into finite detail aspects between both radio's and yes the 7600 is quite a bit more expensive, but in a blindfold test would there be that much difference in the receiver?

The 7410 would make a nice base radio especially with the extra filters and it's good for the price, but when I had a chance to compare in person side by side on radio's in this price range, I preferred the Kenwood TS590.

I have the 7410 and it is a good radio. There is quite a jump pricewise between it and the 7600 as I'm sure you have already found. I was at a tossup between the two until a like new 7410 came up for sale locally. The 7600 does have features that may be beneficial depending on which modes you want to use but if you are like myself and just want SSB and CW, the bigger price is hard to justify. I would like to have the waterfall display though. Maybe someday....

I had the IC-7410 for 2 years now and love it. At the time it out-shined the Kenwood and Yeasu. At this point in time the New Kenwood TS-590SG is the leader for that price range. Too bad you didn't tale advantage of the holiday sales.:sneaky:

I got my new 7600 just 5 days ago and I could not be happier with it. I have compared it to the TS-590SG and FT-950 in a side by side test and 7600 is the clear winner. The display is nothing short of amazing and with the added ability of being able to decode RTTY and PSK without any other connections is great. The radio itself is very well built
and looks very expensive. I debated between the 7600 and K3S but the K3S lost when I saw how they nickle and dime you with add-ons. I have mine hooked up to my Drake L4B and of course I use a keying relay between the radio and amp due the high switching voltage. They play nice and I get great signal and audio reports just using the hand mic while I wait for the correct Heil connector for the GM-5 mic I use. I think you will be very happy with the 7600. it is the nicest and most expensive toy I have had in this hobby. The ability to find signals in the noise speaks volumes for how well the DSP works on the 7600.

Kevin - KG0MN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated