• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM ic-v85 tx expansion newer models

megsmtblife

Mar 27, 2014
I have spent hours searching a way to modify my Icom ic-v85 to expand the tx to 136-172 and there is just absolutely no information out there. Is this because the ones I have are a new model? There is a link here http://www.worldwidedx.com/icom/58683-icom-ic-v-85-tx-frequency-expansion.html but this image is completely different to what my Icom ic-v85 look like inside. Maybe over the last year they have been upgraded and made different - I really don't know. But they are such popular radios that I find it really hard to believe that I can't find a way to expand the tx frequency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And sorry I can't take a pic of what mine look like as I am overseas right now but really need to order more for when I return and don't want to order more until I know that I can expand the frequency. Thanks for your help in advance!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?