• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

icon ic 7200 mod

Ones you don't need to be on with that radio, unless you're a member of MARS. In that case, contact your area comm officer.

Never heard of an "Icon" radio. Sure you don't mean Icom?

Reactions: 2 people
to answer your question

the mars mod opens the transmitter to all-band(0-30 mhz). On an icom 7200 remove r-49.

Don't forget, radio has to meet certain frequency stability requirements for use on MARS.

Not sure about MARS but CAP has such tight frequency tolerances that almost no amateur radio can meet them unless it has the high stability crystal oscillator option installed and some radios do not even have that as an option. This is all moot anyway as anybody that really wants it for MARS/CAP would already know that.

Most people does it because they want to operate on 11 meters.

The blocking resistor does one thing, it keeps you off the frequencies that are not permitted in amateur radio.

What I like about it with some of the newer radios is that the radio will make a click noise when you go from the CW portion of the band to the phone section and will make another click when it goes beyond the phone portion of the band.

You can listen to any frequency without the MARS CAP modification, but if you are not a member of MARS and you do the mod yourself - it voids the factory warranty.

Not a good thing to do with a new radio still under warranty.

It WILL NOT void the warranty at all.

I know the seller's usually do it for a charge and it is still covered under warranty. Didn't know if you did it yourself they would. There are a couple of guys in ARES/CERT guys that participate with MARS in my local club, but I don't know anyone doing CAP.

Brett

It WILL NOT void the warranty at all.

You beat me too it. Performing the MARS/CAP mod will under NO circumstances void a warranty whether the user has a MARS/CAP license or not. The ONLY way it will void a warranty is if the mod was botched and caused another problem with the radio. The big three manufacturers Kenwood, Yaesu, and Icom are on record of having stated this in their policy regarding warranty repairs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated