• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Identify this for me

doc i mean where he has his antenna there is not much metal around the antenna compared to mine mounted in the middle of the roof,
those things never worked for me but hes absolutely convinced it works for him where he has the antenna mounted, the only difference i can see is the mounting position,
we both used the same antenna back then and hes still using his with the gizmo on it.

Well, if he's still using it, and he's satisfied, then good for him.
If the thing is working then it obviously has a ground. Not necessarily all around it, or as 'much' as you might think it needs, but as 'much' as ~it~ thinks it needs to radiate. And unless there's something not very obvious, the different mounting positions is probably all the difference there is? Unless! He's using red wire. Red wire always works better...
- 'Doc

I should have made myself more clear. I find the black wire works best for me up here but only if it is pointed north. The red wire works better if it is pointed south-west but other than that the blue wire works for me everywhere else. :shock:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.