• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'll be glad when its over...

i am kind of excited for it... I'll have my base antenna up by then and I'll get to really test the range limits out, go for some contacts counties over and across the stateline. they are fun to pick out. I do it a little bit now, best time is at night after the skip dies down, but then ya got the night time noise. I'm new to radio so all I know is the solar cycle.

How many years until it dies off, 4 or 5? Yeah, i'll be a ham within the year, plenty of other bands left to explore. Even still, you have short skip and sporadic E until the next solar cycle rolls around and we're DXing on 11 meters again.

If the skip annoys you, just go on late at night and you can try for some distant contacts via ground wave. Funny thing is that "in the old days", there were "locals" on every other street!

...when the solar cycle is gone and the bands are quiet...and I no longer have to listen to the doofus's trying to talk skip on channel 19 when they know that's the main channel the drivers use...

That is all.

:D

It's funny how this subject comes up and some people get passionate over this "me" and it is totally out of our control. I don't understand how many are so in to skip saying that they're locals are dufuss's when I here so many noise toys and who's got a powerful radio and fighting and roger beeps and no English spoken absolutely no concern for others and on and on. We have plenty of locals here and would if I could talk to my base when I'm mobile and skip is nothing more than a interference here a terrible interference. Even though this subject is out of our control I still feel like commenting when it comes up LOL

It's funny how this subject comes up and some people get passionate over this "me" and it is totally out of our control. I don't understand how many are so in to skip saying that they're locals are dufuss's when I here so many noise toys and who's got a powerful radio and fighting and roger beeps and no English spoken absolutely no concern for others and on and on. We have plenty of locals here and would if I could talk to my base when I'm mobile and skip is nothing more than a interference here a terrible interference. Even though this subject is out of our control I still feel like commenting when it comes up LOL

To me, if I get a chance to talk to the UK and Germany for a few minutes its worth putting up with the noise toys and roger beeps. And yes even "day after day" blue waffle and Ivan.

I guess my main complaint is why 19 when they know its the main channel used by locals and drivers? I know most of the operators doing it are just trying to prove they can talk skip on 19, and for no other reason; especially when they have 119 other channels (assuming SSB and AM). 19 might as well be the new 6 anymore.

I could care less if you're on 38LSB talking around the world...pretty much everyone knows that's a primary SSB channel. It'd be like me going onto 38LSB and talking smack, with my noise toys and roger beep blaring; when you're trying to pull that faint station from Antarctica.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with that... 19 should be used for its intended service. So should channel 9. Is there still anyone that monitors ch 9 for emergency? I've NEVER heard an emergency call on that channel even back in the early 80's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated