1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm an IDIOT

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by RoadRanger, May 1, 2018.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Active Member

I got a stryker 955 & went to program it with my pc, I forgot to do a "read from radio" first.
    Now all the bands are blank.
    Did a factory reset & still blank.

Anyway of getting back to the way the banks should be?

"I'M AN IDIOT" (n)

First time I've not done a read then write.

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Active Member

I got it back to normal
    I had to do a "read"
    Then "Initial Setting"
    Then "write"

3. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Active Member

WHEW...

TheRATT likes this.
  4. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

Well we are all "idiots" from time to time so do not be too hard on yourself. I often tell my boys that even smart people sometimes do stupid things!

You already got it back to normal. They say hindsight is 20/20 glad you got it back to factory preset's!

5. KD8HMO

KD8HMO Sr. Member

I wonder if my Motorola Spectra has factory presets if I happen to corrupt the code plug file... lol

6. Onelasttime

Generally consumer goods well made ones at least try to make it idiot proof limiting how deeply you can access hard wired programming and how likely it is to be user reprogrammed easily. This is why they make it slightly difficult for the average person to mess up their computer Bios or Registry. It can be done but you have to go looking for it and you have to take conscious steps to get to those area. Some companies put a secondary bios chip on the board to act as a back up in case you do something terrible while trying to re-flash your bios. They do not make it hard to reflash firmware but no way you could do it by accident.

No when looking at commercial gear in many industries they do not make the gear that idiot proof because they figure since it is in industry only qualified people will be working with it and on it.

KD8HMO likes this.
  7. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I believe it is spelled ID10T. ID TEN T is not so hard on your self.

8. Onelasttime

Yes.....In fact the smarter you are and the more powerful you are the bigger the mistakes as well! LOL As a child my worst mistakes could be easily fixed! As adults when we mess something up we do it right! LOL Look at Gibson Guitar company if you want to see how badly you can mess something up that has been around since the early 1900's maybe a bit longer! Look at how many times banks and automotive firms have needed to be bailed out! So I would say everyone on this site is doing just fine by comparison! LOL

Tallman likes this.
  9. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Look how many recalls have been required to keep the public safe. My wife's KIA has been recalled twice to fix the same problem. Steering slack that leads up to failure and loss of control. Once to fix the problem and once again to fix the recall fix.
    These systems were designed by people that are supposed to be highly educated and yet they cost the companies MILLIONS of dollars for a screw up.
    So don't feel bad about what could be just a brain fart.

10. hillbilly101

hillbilly101 KE8GGC

Glad you figured it out

RoadRanger likes this.
  11. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Active Member

Well I hooked it up in my pick up truck just to play around with it & had someone say it sounds good.
    I have a 575 mic on it & I think it may be to much as I'm getting a little squeal.
    I will be using it in my big truck when I get it back.
    So far I'm liking it.

12. kaos513

kaos513 Well-Known Member

we all learn from our mistakes

RoadRanger likes this.