• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • The Winners of the three Retevis radios 16 Anniversary giveaway are announced!! Click Here to find out if you won!

IMAX 2000

W5NPJ

Member
May 6, 2015
10
2
13
Northwest Louisiana
I'm considering replacing the top section of my IMAX 2000 with a 102 inch steel whip to bring my resonance down to the CB bands. I have bottomed out my tuning rings, and it shows me at 1.8 SWR on Channel 20. Comments?
 

I have an old one with a 102" whip and it does not run out of room for tuning 11m, the new one with the extra optimizer section acts the same way but you cannot adjust the rings enough for all of 10m. I set them both for 11M and use a tuner for 10/12/and 15 meter. I don't remember where it runs out for 10M like that. I adjust them for 11M because my two Realistic Rigs don't have a built in tuner like my Ham Rigs.
 

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.