• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IMax 2K

oil2gas

Apr 5, 2010
JUst got out of hospital and we had some bad winds in south texas and found the top part lying on the ground next to the shack? No the bolt was not broke but seems like it came unscrewed. My stupid question is if i was retune it (Until i am able to bring it down) with my MFJ tuner could i still continue to talk on my radios? Appreciate some advice or help on my present problem .

That thing would be so far out of wack it wouldnt even be worth trying because if for some odd reason you actually got it to tune to 11 meters ETC you would probably be lucky to get any output out of it.

The antenna is 24 feet and made that way for a reason so it is resonate on 10 and 11 meters although they talk well on a few bands with the help of a tuner. Basically you would be trying to use a non complete antenna. Being Shorter you may get use out of higher bands but that also is if your lucky.

Your gonna have to get someone to help you get it down and get another lockwasher and get that top section back on and also retighten or double check all 3 dections. Ive never seen one totally unscrew like that but I have seen things come loose from vibration from wind ETC. But to come unscrewed all the way and come apart is a new one on me. It would make sense if it were a ground radial that came off.

Makesure you check all 3 sections bud and makesure their tight and most important dont forget to put a new (LOCK WASHER) on that top section or you will be finding that top section on the ground again ;)

Last edited:
Thanks again

Sir and the pst you have always given me good advice . Will hire someone to bring it down and make sure it has a lock washer. Notice that the bolt left was about one inch only 3/8" but room for a lock washer. How about if i applied some locktite to it?
thanks

tony
discoverd that the famale especially were stripped and the male just barely stripped???/Can i drill out and insert a helix and then screw the male side with locktite 241? If not should i just go with new dipole or replace new imax? Thanks again for you helpful advice over the years

Imax2K

Tony
Just got off the phone with The tech rep at and sadi to mail hime the two bad peices and he would replace even said cut in half for cheaper postal cost..great company since the antenna is two years old and he still gave me credit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.