• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Importance of the radio

That one’s famous. Car drivers don’t understand the skill of those who are good at the wheel.

I doubt
I’m the only one who can put the trailer tandems within 6” of any point given at 70-MPH. Port or Starboard. No straight line needed.

Without using the mirrors.

That
driver was wagging his tail as if he were a whale. Come closer and get slapped.

Some rigs can’t do that. Too top-heavy or a load that’ll shift. Not a driver-limit.

Been a few times I’ve seen drivers do things that can’t be done. They’re impossible . . . .

Some drivers can't help but watch for they usually have loads that are loaded by the company - not the Shipper (no touch loading)

Some loads may not be as secure...

Many drivers can't take the risk of losing their shirts if the load they "wag behind" them, starts shifting.

I'm thinking the bad guy pissed himself after the professional driver shoved him out into the lawn @ 70. Time to call it a day.
If that was a company truck the driver probably had to answer to Safety. No good deed goes unpunished you know.

Much fun as is the video to watch (speculate), it’s the highway reports that — were you traveling in either direction — wanting to be away from the problem is the paramount concern in big truck radio monitoring.

The guy getting chased could wind up across the median into oncoming traffic. Turn around in his lane of travel. All sorts of stupid is possible.

Regular use of the CB has no substitute, as broadcasting location isn’t always automatically done. Practice, practice, practice.

The highway identifier — not just the Mile Marker or Direction — is what others NEED to know for their own plans.

— Do I pull over on the shoulder now? (Dangerous itself).

— Can I make it to the next exit? (may be more than a mile; 67 long seconds).

— Can I get confirmation, or am I hearing bad information repeated? (Wind up doing the exact wrong thing).

Better the radio rig, better your chances of sifting wheat from chaff. (DSP audio just paid for itself along with the trouble of sorting antenna problems).

Yeah, I know, sounds like preaching to the choir. Except that the admonition is in ordering the correct information on-air.

When I look on it as being Duty it’s all much clearer.

In 1993 we might still have believed in good guys versus bad guys. Today, it’s members of one coalition chasing members of another.

Whatever ones belief, getting out of the way is the first priority of all others.

The main highway is probably going to get closed awhile. So, what’s the alternate route? is the second priority.

— Turning around to go back the opposite direction is not out of the question. Be aware that other vehicles may be doing ANY of the above and NOT in a strictly legal fashion.

Come down the highway and find that going on — no warning and no ostensible reason in sight for cars to be heading off onto the grass in all directions; big trucks simply halting — pays for the “expensive” CB Radio system.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.