• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In a tree?

Should work fine, try to keep the antenna slightly away from the main trunk if possible, you don't want it right up against the tree. In my youth I climbed a 80' evergreen tree (no equipment) and pulled up and mounted a antenna with a couple of bungee cords out the top of the tree. With a stock radio I could be heard everywhere in the entire region. Crazy thing is, the antenna was up there for 15 years when I moved and the tree had grown around part of the base of it. It may still be up there (it's been 30 years though :) :)

Currently no base but since Trump wants to give me some money I'm going to pass it along to DNJ and buy a new antenna and use my 2950cd and Kl503p on a power supply. I am currently in my mobile home until my house sells and I have to hide it. I'm not afraid to climb the tree and when I move the mobile goes to my daughter and son in law and he's just getting into radio so the antenna will stay.

I keep looking at some of the tall Hickory trees behind the house and thinking of doing the same thing.

Couldn’t climb the tree myself plus I’d need probably 100’ or more of coax to get from outside of house to base of tree. $$$$$$$

I have a gainmaster in a pine tree in the back yard for many years now, about 45' up to the mounting bracket that holds the antenna about 16" from the tree, fed with RG-6 tv coax and it has never had an issue

it even survived the big storm we had last summer that took the neighbors tree and blew it into my tower taking that down.

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated