• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In lieu of through hole mobile mounting...

There, a reptile. Here, an insect.

Roach clip: archaic slang for this device used to hold “the roach”; the tiny butt end of a marijuana cig.

A 1970s artifact.

I graduated HS in the 80’s and we called them “roach clips”. I still do. Alligator clips still seems weird to me. But couldn’t use any old clip. Some were too strong and crushed Mr. Roach....so I was told. LOL

Reactions: Slowmover
The reference to Crocodile vs Alligator clips is interchangeable. There was a time when clips that had a shorter tooth span with a blunt end were referred to as Crocodile. The clothespin type clips that were once used as a twin lead quick disconnect on the back of a TV is one example. Hemostats serve as the best multi purpose clips for small jobs. Stainless steel with the bite of a pincer to grasp a small nut, or if you so choose, the gentle hold of a roach. Your choice….

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.