• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Induction in a Yagi ?

W

W9WD

My next project is a 4 element Yagi. I have all the parts cut out and ready to assemble. I am only lacking the plastic part that will hold the butt end of the gamma match away from the driven element.

I plan to mount it on the "test mast" at 8' so I can play with it.

My question really has to do with the day it is mounted on a real mast at around 35'.
Will I have induction issues like I had with the vertical?
I plan to mount it horizontally so it would seem that I wouldn't, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any experience with that.

I hope to use it primarily on 10m but plan to tune at 27.9 so I can get to 11m too (if possible)

Hi guy,

Shouldn't be a problem. Doesn't seem to be any with any other beam out there in AntennaLand. See no reason why yours would be any different.

I guess you are saying that your vertical had problems being on a mast. That shouldn't happen either as they are designed to be mounted that way. What kind of problem were you having with it? Maybe we can help.

interview.gif

Last edited:
No, you shouldn't have the same issue, especially with the driven element being horizontally polarized. BTW, you should use some type of balun when feeding the yagi.

You will notice some change in tuning that you'll have to adjust for as you raise the antenna. This is normal.

The only issue I had with mine was that the antenna didn't like the presence of the mast when I turned it to the vertical. Otherwise, there should be no serious issues. But this was already said in other replies.

No, you shouldn't have the same issue, especially with the driven element being horizontally polarized. BTW, you should use some type of balun when feeding the yagi.

You will notice some change in tuning that you'll have to adjust for as you raise the antenna. This is normal.

Why a balun with a gamma match? I don't see the need for it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.