• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Info for a Conair 280 Signal Generator

2FB327

Oct 31, 2012
Yes , I finally found a working one.
1. Does anyone have a pdf/owners manual for this model. I went to a couple of sites on the net and all I got were unwanted pop-ups an a load of Yahoo?
2. For Transmission/Setting modulation, is it as simple as making a hookup to a mike plug with leads?
3. For receive/will I need a piece of coax with a BNC on one end an a pl 259 on the other?
Anyother info would be helpful.
Thanks

Signal Generator 280 Equipment Conar Instruments; Washington

1. Does anyone have a pdf/owners manual for this model. I went to a couple of sites on the net and all I got were unwanted pop-ups an a load of Yahoo?
2. For Transmission/Setting modulation, is it as simple as making a hookup to a mike plug with leads?
3. For receive/will I need a piece of coax with a BNC on one end an a pl 259 on the other?

Don't think this will do the 1kz for the mic.

This unit will work, but only marginally for aligning receive. I had one similar to this at first, but it was a real compromise. It will drift off frequency when you try to align the receive, and this will be one of the problems using it. The output is not calibrated also, so you will need to turn the output down all the way if you inject it through a PL-259. Slightly better than nothing at all, and you might damage the receiver with too much output from the generator if you aren't really careful!

Reactions: 1 person
Try again

Well that didn't work, I don't know if it's me but I couldn't get it to dowload, did get more bing and yahoo popups.

Does anyone have a pfd of this unit?

Thanks

Well that didn't work, I don't know if it's me but I couldn't get it to dowload, did get more bing and yahoo popups.

Does anyone have a pfd of this unit?

Thanks

if you will scroll down the page just a little you can down load the DJVU veiwer so you can get the manual. its all right there for you.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.