• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Information on building EXPANDER 240

Simbalage22

Jul 8, 2010
Detroit MI
I was looking at the EXPANDER 240 frequency expander... Nothing more then crystals and diods and resistors. I have a few crystals taken from old cbs does anyone know of the schematic of building one..

Forget the Expander 240 try this instead

I was looking at the EXPANDER 240 frequency expander... Nothing more then crystals and diods and resistors. I have a few crystals taken from old cbs does anyone know of the schematic of building one..

Try this circuit, it costs peanuts to make and is as good as the Expander 240.

Dave

Attachments

• Xtal expander.JPG
    Xtal expander.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 6
man you are hellbent on adding a few channels to that royce. i would put it on the shelf and just get another radio from ebay. realistic's are cheap.

man you are hellbent on adding a few channels to that royce. i would put it on the shelf and just get another radio from ebay. realistic's are cheap.

LOL.... You are the only one that noticed that.. I am willing to read a whole book about pll's just to get them on this royce. Reason? my uncle was really into building linears amps ect.. when I was a child I got his toys that he messed up.. He is dead... and now that I am older I am finding out why he liked them.. well my other uncle had this royce and HE never figured out how to do channels on it

PS: I have a Realistic TRC-420A, as well as a few Uniden 510's but I havent even looked into seeing if they can be done..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.