• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Inline meter

VinnieWV

May 22, 2018
hi, I’m going to buy a Dosy 4001p meter to put i line with rci-2985 radio am running rg213 coax with imax2000gpk. My question is do I need to us rg213 coax to keep it inline. Also, later plan to get amp so what coax and length do I need for meter. Thanks 189WV

Short answer is you can use most any 50 ohm coax for a jumper to your meter, but stay away from truck stop coax if at all possible. As far as length of the jumper, it only needs to reach the meter with a little room to spare. The jumper you use from the radio to meter can later be used to jump from radio to amp if it is long enough. As for coax after the amp, that depends on the wattage and the distance to your antenna.

Welcome to the forum, and don't be shy with any questions if you aren't sure.

Short answer is you can use most any 50 ohm coax for a jumper to your meter, but stay away from truck stop coax if at all possible. As far as length of the jumper, it only needs to reach the meter with a little room to spare. The jumper you use from the radio to meter can later be used to jump from radio to amp if it is long enough. As for coax after the amp, that depends on the wattage and the distance to your antenna.

Welcome to the forum, and don't be shy with any questions if you aren't sure.
Thanks for the reply. Getting
back into after 15yrs. Had to blow the dust off my old rci-2985dx. I bought rg213 coax from bells cb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.