• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

inside pic of a Galaxy 95T.

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
Would someone post a pic of the inside of a Galaxy 95T that HAS not had a golden screw driver in it!I cant get mine to sound right on side band and i think its because of the mod kit someone has put in it.I also can not ajust side band power up or down.What i see in mine over by the VR17 is blue in color and it says 1000uf 25v.Im almost sure that is part of the problem (could be wrong)so im a little scared to just pull it out since im not sure or if it should be there.Thats why i want a pic of inside of one so i will know for sure.

Don't know if it will help, but cbtricks.com has the schematics
for the 95T. was going to post a link but it just comes up as main page for cbtricks.com.

I will see what I can do King. I have mine in my pickup. On SSB I run mine with the varible wide open and the mic gain at 3 o'clock. I get nothing but great reports with it. The blue thing sounds like an electrolytic cap to me....Ill try to post some picks for you

Thanks guys.I went to the cb tricks page to retune the radio and other then the Sb problem it works better than before..Put it like this,ch 38 lsb with my bare foot Grant i can talk to most anyone i can hear and get great reports on that radio.Try the same on the 95T and i have had only one guy come back to me and was told that it sounded like crap.Same antenna,coax and yes its on freq.I cant find where its been clipped but im sure it has because im way past 100% mod on my meter.If i have to i will take it to my tech to have it fixed but i wanted to try and fix it myself,i will never learn if dont get my hands dirty!

Thank you for taking the time to do that for me.I see yours has the same thing inside that mine does so i guess thats not it.And i have ajusted both the VR-16 and vVR-13 with no change.On am it works fine,loud and clear its just on sb that i want to be better.I guess im just going to have to take it to my tech because something is just not right.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.